VOICE is as a space for youth of color and adults of color to connect.
To connect, participants will share GOOD FOOD, play GAMES, create ART,
and even LEARN some CUTTING EDGE info!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Students in grades 6-11 will meet weekly for two hours at Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- Middle school and high school students will be matched to create healthy relationships to learn and play.
- Two times a month, adult volunteers of color will join students to lead and engage in conversations on topics like self-reflection, understanding, honoring yourself, leadership, and healing from cultural and social experiences.
- The program will run during the school year with 2 optional connection events in the summer.
- Recruitment is currently being done for the class beginning October 2022 - May 2024.
- Transportation is available for students.